What. The. FUCK is UP!?? To break down the happenings in the last several months into bite-sized, savory little pieces I present you with the following list:
- The 2 other administrative assistants in my area have either quit or relocated
- I was puppeteering my ASS all summer off in the role of “3 Admins for the Price of 1”
- My overtime was off the chain AND, I volunteered to cover one overnight shift… for 12 hours. AND it rained chaos!
- Hubby & I went on a 10th Anniversary 2-in-1 vacation (it coincided with his family’s annual getaway. Sort of maddening to say the least)
- The ceiling above my desk at work collapsed all over me with God knows how many types of mold in it 😨
- Buddy M got fired 😭
- The 2 NEW admins are Passive-Aggressive Bitch and Semi-Clueless Absentee
More on #7 later
To state the overtly obvious, not much writing has been going on lately. In the past several months it has been brought to my attention (by my wonderful husband) that my writing (among other things more important to said husband) is significantly compromised/disabled by the compulsively constant distraction of Facebook and Twitter (*see below my 2016 election-inspired Tweet)
Television is also kind of mollifying so pardon me while I shut that off, too… Damn, this is a good episode of Weediquette! *sigh* DAYM! – “Gas House OG”!?? I digress…
What became one of the biggest deterrents to my writing was my job. After all the trouble that rained down on me last year when my “True Self” was exposed by my young Nursing Director and the revenge-crazed, two-faced HR Nazi my “imaginary blog” went private so as to be hidden from the prying eyes if our IT crew.
As it turned out, IT didn’t NEED to police my blog at all since I went all lame-ass and just kind of gave up on it. DAFUQ!? Nah, man… nah!
I kind of don’t give a flying fuck anymore. Whereas I will, as always, respect the privacy of the clients at the heart of the agency that employs me, the rest of you fucktards…
… can rest easy because I’m NICE now! 😀
Alas, I jest but you kinda sorta knew that… 😉
It’s a lot tougher these days without the benefit of my buddy M on campus to walk with and for the occasional lunchtime escape from the daily frustration and madness but I wouldn’t be ME if I didn’t suck it up and find a way to survive… even if I have to cry alone into my lunch in an empty horse paddock –
I’M BACK BITCHES!
What might we read about in upcoming posts? –
- The consequences of returning the Aquadome countertop water filter my mother bought us for Christmas
- Watching “Bong Appetit”
- What it will be like at work now that my boss is back from maternity leave
- How will she treat me after being absent for 3 of her first 5 days back?
- Will my cousin’s & my dream of owning a successful food truck ever come true?